The purpose of these annual awards is to recognize four graduating Haldane seniors who have meaningfully participated in the arts at Haldane. Recipients should meet the criteria for at least one of the following four types of arts scholarships:
- Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival Scholarship for Achievement in Theater. This scholarship, funded by the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival (HVSF), is awarded to a senior who has demonstrated individual excellence on-stage or as part of the technical crew; inspired fellow performers/crew members, and elevated the Haldane Theater Program through personal commitment and dedication to theater arts, including to the collaborative spirit of theater.
- Magazzino Italian Art Foundation Scholarship for Excellence in Visual Arts. This scholarship, funded by the Magazzino Italian Art Foundation, is awarded to a senior who has demonstrated individual excellence through growth of creative skills and imagination in the visual arts at Haldane.
- HAA Scholarship for Excellence in Literary/Musical Arts. This scholarship is awarded to a senior who has demonstrated positive personal growth, through participation in, and/or helped advance and enrich either the literary or musical arts at Haldane.
- HAA Renaissance Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to a senior who has demonstrated dedication through participation in a variety of arts classes (visual, literary, performing, media, etc.) and experiences at Haldane.
- Scholarships are awarded based on recommendations from faculty, the HAA scholarship committee, and- where applicable- representatives from the sponsoring organizations.
- All scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500 each, and are intended to support the recipient by providing funds for either their continuing education or their artistic ambitions after graduation
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient by check
- There are no terms imposed on the recipient following payment of the scholarship
Join the Alliance! Become a 2021-22 arts ally today!
Individuals or families who donate $25 or more to join the Alliance will receive vital arts news, articles, interviews, volunteer opportunities, and other information throughout the school year.
To ensure that HAA membership is accessible to all, we are offering pay-what-you-can memberships! You can download a membership form right here.
Haldane Arts Alliance is a section 501(c)3 nonprofit, and your contribution may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
©2021 Haldane Arts Alliance